Wednesday, June 6, 2007

1st Monthly Goal Finished!



After getting hooked on Indigo Rose's Bee Charmer Biscornu at the weekend I managed to finish it last night after fiddling with learning how to make tassels lol. So that's another new thing I can do now!
I really love this design, there were different stitches in it, different colours, and the plastic pellets for the filling that came in the kit were just great, they make it feel solid and heavy so it sits beautifully. And the bee button just finishes it off nicely. I have it displayed on my unit in the lounge now, it's too nice to actually use lol.
And here is the pic of the Heirloom Embroideries Huswif Mystery I've been stitching. This is after May's part was stitched, which was adding the beads and the clasps for when it's been made up. I must say the beads have really added to the design and they are a gorgeous colour. I can't wait to get the last part and see how it's going to be finished off, although I have to admit to trying to persuade Julie to agree to finish it off for me if it involves using a sewing machine. Don't know why she said no.... lol
And finally, I still haven't decided on my new start for the month. There are just so many designs calling to me right now, I can't make any sense of all the babbling! Every time I think I know which I want to start another suddenly pipes up, so I'm getting nowhere. Last night after finishing Bee Charmer I did a tiny bit on my HAED Tomboy QS and enjoyed it, so might do a bit more on that tonight, or might get Eeyore's rug out and get a couple of rows done on that.
Til next time!....

9 comments:

Julie said...

love the Bee charmer, very pretty, congrats on your 1st finish on June LOL

Anita said...

It is a beautiful design and you did a great job stitching and doing the finishing. I need
to learn how to make tassels too. Last time I tried, it did not work out.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I just love the Bee Charmer. I really must take a closer look at Indigo Rose pattern. Have seen quite a few on some blogs and they look just beautiful. I also love the Huswife. I am working on mine as I want to catch up this month.

All the best,
Edda

Sally said...

Wow, your Bee Charmer is gorgeous Lisa! Love the Huswif too amd am looking forward to seeing how it looks when finished.

Good luck trying to make your mind up about the new start! Lol!

Sue said...

Both pieces are very pretty ;)

Stitcher said...

I love that Bee charmer, and your huswife, can't wait to see that finished.

Stitcher said...

Love the new look Lisa

Carol said...

Oh Lisa your Bee Charmer is gorgeous. I agree the polly pellets for the filling are brilliant. I bought some on Ebay a while ago and used them to fill my first biscornu I finished last year. Like you I have so many designs calling for me to start that I don't know where to start...LOL. My Bee Charmer is one of them and so is my Huswif Mystery. :o)

Anonymous said...

I love the bee charmer... I've been coverting this chart since last year. Very pretty