Friday, August 29, 2008

I'm Back!


Well we got back from holiday on Wednesday afternoon and things are slowly returning to normal. I can never get over how long it takes to empty the caravan and put things away, and the amount of laundry there is! We had a good week away and were very lucky with the weather as it was lovely a few days, and we only had rain during the day on the second to last day. Saying that, I came down with a stinker of a cold on the 3rd day and felt dreadful the rest of the week. The last two nights I had to dose myself up with cough medicine and prop myself up on pillows in the caravan to get myself to sleep, so it was nice to come home to my own bed.
Stitching wise the rotation went out of the window for the week which I knew it would, but I still managed to get some done. Firstly I finished my LHN Always & Forever for our 10th anniversary next month, and then I made some more progress on Cirque. I've now done half of the page and for some reason that's given me a boost that I might actually finish it one day lol.
The pic of Cabin has only just been taken, but it's a couple of weeks since I worked on it last. I've now actually reached the cabin itself and it's SO good to be able to stitch colours that are not blue. I'm looking forward to working on this again soon.
Back to the rotation, and I am going to tweak it slightly. There have been a few days when I haven't stitched for one reason or another and this has meant certain projects have missed out on stitching time. So I've decided that rather than have the set days of the week I'm just going to do 4 days on slot 1, 1 day on Cirque, 2 on the mystery, and then onto slot 2 for 4 days, and so on. This way if I miss a day's stitching it doesn't matter, I just don't move on until I've done my set day/s on that project. I'm hoping to get the Papillon mystery back out tonight for a couple of days, don't really feel in the mood for stitching but hoping once I pick it up I'll soon get back into the swing.
Well, only 2 more days of freedom and then it's back to work for me after 5 weeks. I had 3 weeks sick leave after the op and then 2 weeks holiday leave, so this is the longest I've had off since having Erin over 5 years ago. I'd be lying if I said I was happy about going back, right now I'm dreading it and feel sick when I think about it, but there's nothing I can do so just got to try not to think too much about it til Mon lol.

6 comments:

Stitchingranny said...

Firstly congratulations on your finish and also on your anniversary next month.

Both your wips are looking good and I have no doubts you will finish CdC and your Cottage in the Woods.

Enjoy your last few days of freedom.

Anonymous said...

Going back to work after a long break is always horrible. I get the nerves too when I've been off a while. I'm sure once you've been there an hour though you'll feel like you've never been away.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday, even with a stinking cold. Your stitching is looking great :o)

Sally said...

Always and Forever looks gorgeous Lisa. I love the colour you chose to stitch it in.

Lovely progress on CdC and Cabin. I can understand your excitement at being on the cabin itself.

Will be thinking of you on Monday {{{{hugs}}}}

Karan said...

Welcome back Lisa. Always & Forever is lovely - great progress on the WIP's too.
Hope you're recovering from the cold OK & that all goes well at work Best of Luck & (((((hugs))))).

Stitchingranny said...

Hi Lisa, please can you email me. I have a link to my email addy in the sidebar or my blog.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a lovely holiday. Your Always and forever is lovely,and your other wip's are coming along nicely.
Good luck for Monday