Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Love My New Rotation!


Well 11 days in and my rotation is still working lol. I don't want to jinx myself as I've tried so many different ones all for them to fail eventually, but I really am enjoying this new set up. The pics I've taken were taken before the weekend and the colours are all wrong as it was so dull, but you'll get the idea.
Cirque is great to work on for just one day a week as I'm keeping making progress, no colour changes means it's easy to pick up and get going on, and I don't get bored of it.
How Does Your Garden Grow is fast becoming my favourite project. This pic doesn't show it but I've now finished Part 1 except for the beads and have made a good start on Part 2. It seems to stitch up very quickly once you get the hang of each stitch, and it's so pretty.
Last week Mon-Thur I made a good start on LHN's Always & Forever. This is for DH for our 10th Wedding Anniversary with is in September. I've been going to stitch it for a while but then he does something to annoy me and I think "I'm not wasting my stitching time on him" lol, then he does something to get back in my good books again and I change my mind. Anyway, I love the design and it will be displayed in our lounge when it's finished so I'll enjoy it as well, so figured I might as well just go ahead and stitch it. I had the silk specially dyed by Vikki Clayton to go with the browns in our lounge, and although I wasn't wild about it when I first got it, I just love it stitched up. I have to say though that by Thur I was glad to put it away as I was getting a little bored. This will be coming out again before it's next slot though as we're going away next week in our caravan for the week and I'm going to take it to stitch a little on when I'm watching Erin doing the activities, plus I need to get it finished and made up somehow before 10th Sept.
And finally as it was smalls week last week I made up the Alphabet Tree freebie I stitched a while back into a floss ring tag! I'm not wild about how the eyelet setting worked out on the back, but I guess it's practice I am very pleased with the finish on the whole.
This week is the turn of HAED Cabin In The Woods and I've managed to get a good bit done the last 2 days. I'll take a pic before it goes away again.
Health wise I'd say I'm back to about 80% now. I'm still having trouble bending over and the main incision is uncomfortable and placed perfectly to catch on anything I wear, plus I still can't drive so am stuck at home when David is at work, but other than that I'm managing to do a lot more and feeling better.
I have til next Wed on sick from work and already had 2 weeks holiday booked from work which starts next Mon, so unless something happens in the next couple of weeks I'll be going back to work on 1st Sept. Right now I feel sick when I think about it and am dreading it, but it's got to happen so I'm trying to not focus on it too much and just enjoy the time I have left and get myself to 100% before then if possible.
Hope you're all having a good week, thanks to everyone who comes and visits my blog and especially to those who take the time to leave a comment. I still haven't figured out a way to track my visitors like some can do on their blogs, so I'm just hoping I do have other visitors besides the ones who comment lol. Til next time!

11 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Lovely, lovely WIPS and I love, love, love your rendition of the alphabet tree! Gorgeous ;)

Sally said...

Well, Lisa, it certainly looks like your new rotation is working a treat for you:) Love all your WIPs! Your Alphabet Tree floss tag looks gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

I think your wips look lovely in the photo's, even if they're not as bright as you had hoped.

Claire said...

Good to hear that your new rotation is working. Love all your work - I can feel my fingers itching to start Cirques - love the colours of yours.

Glad that you are more or less back to good health again Lisa.

Hugs
Claire X

Anonymous said...

I love all your WIP pics! I'm so glad your rotation is working out, it's so much fun when it does!

Stitcher said...

Great rotation, maybe I should get one going.

Sally said...

You have received an award! Please see my blog:)

imnverted said...

Hello - New to your blog. Your WIPs look great and I like your finish of the ABC freebie. I have that on my to-do list and there are so many great ideas for it out there!

Stitchingranny said...

Hi Lisa this is the link to the tracker I added to my block and it was really easy to do.
http://extremetracking.com/?reg

You are doing really well with your stitching and glad to hear your health is improving again now. I love your CDC, I have this in my stash and can't wait to make a start on it.

Paula said...

Hi Lisa, love your CdesC. It's great to see how others are getting along with it and the fabrics and threads that are used. I too find that just one night stitching makes a difference, it shows good progress on it. I'm loving mine too.

When will we see a Celtic Update???

Happy Stitching.

Karan said...

Gorgeous WIP's & I love the colours for Always. Very pretty floss tag too.
Hope you continue to heal well. Enjoy all the free time to the full. :0)