Wednesday, January 30, 2008

1800 To Go....

I've no pics to show this time around I'm afraid. The reason being is that I have been working diligently on Tomboy since last week and I'm now down to 1800 stitches to go before I have a huge happy dance! I've made up my mind I'm not taking anymore pics until she's finished, and I have a daily goal of 200 stitches which I'm managing to stick to so far. I started her way back in 2006 and it's been a long hard haul with her as if I'm honest she hasn't been a whole lot of fun to stitch. All the different shades of grey and the huge amount of dreaded kreinik blending filament have made for some naughty words and her being hidden in the cupboard regularly, but thankfully I've finally reached the point of no return with her and am determined to keep going til she's done. It's great being able to mark off those stitches each night and then when I finish another couple of blocks I've been cutting them off the chart, so my piece of paper is getting smaller everyday lol. HAED are having a sale which started yesterday and is running until the 9th Feb, so I'm really really trying hard to finish her before the sale ends, in which case I'll treat myself to a chart as a reward. Any cheerleaders out there need a job? lol
Yesterday I was excited to receive Sally's RR through the post. Her stitching is lovely and the Friendship Book she has chosen to stitch is really pretty. Yesterday I had to fight the urge to start on my part straight away, but it's going to have to wait til Tomboy is finished then I can give it my undivided attention.
Hope you're all having a good week. The weather here seems to have picked up a little bit, we've at least had a bit of dry and bright weather which is very welcome, but it's cold out today. Thanks to everyone who reads my blog and those who take the time to comment, I really appreciate knowing that people are interested in my stitching. Hugs.

6 comments:

Claire said...

I'll cheer for you Lisa - keep going - you can do it!! Think of the reward when she is finished!!

Hugs
Claire

Anonymous said...

You KNOW you can do it! The question is can you stand looking at it on your wall????????? LOLOLOL you know your gonna love her :):)

If I was in any fit state physically, I would happy dance all the way to your house LOL

Cindy said...

You're getting close!! I'm looking forward to seeing your finish :)

Stitchingranny said...

Good luck with your progress on Tomboy and I will look forward to seeing the finished picture.

Sally said...

Go for it Lisa! You can do it.

Sue said...

I'm cheering you on....you can do it....you can do it....you can do it ;)