Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Another New Finish Tried


Another thing I've been wanting to try for a long time is a cube finish. Well yesterday I finally got some polystyrene and got DH to cut a piece to the right size for me, and I finished off the M Designs 2006 Tree that I stitched last year lol.
Had to go to get some of the right size ribbon at lunchtime today, and doing the bow at the top was rather fiddly (thanks for the help Julie lol) but I got there in the end.
So I can now say I can do a pinkeep, flatfold, cube finish, tin topper, biscornu and scissor pocket. Still need to master a needlebook, needleroll and scissor fob, but ticking them off steadily!

6 comments:

Claire said...

Its so pretty - wish I could do something special like that!

Think of all those gorgeous Christmas and Birthday gifts you can now make and give!

Hugs
Claire

Sue said...

That is such a pretty finish. I need to work on finishing techniques, I frame everything that I cross stitch. Everything I needlepoint gets turned into a pillow ;)

Paula said...

Hi Lisa, that's a gorgeous finish you have there and good for you trying everything.
Happy Stitching......

Sally said...

Beautiful finish Lisa. You're beating me hands down on all these new finishing techniques! I really must get caught up!

Julie said...

Well done Lisa, it looks great, so whats your next 'new thing'

Karen said...

very pretty finish