Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Whoohoo, I Really Am Stitching!

I've actually done more stitching since my last post and really enjoyed it as well which is a definite bonus lol.
Over the weekend I concentrated on LK's ABC Christmas and managed to finish another letter, so I've only got four to go and I'll be having a huge happy dance! I'm tempted to just focus on this now til it's finished, but I don't want to burn out on it so am going to stick with Friday and Saturday night's with Sally and I may carry on on a Sunday if I'm close to finishing a letter. One letter seems to take me two to three nights, so I'm actually hoping I might have it finished in another four weeks, and then I'm going to start the yearly christmas ornament for our tree, which I've decided will be the sock monkey from this year's JCS Ornament issue, when it arrives. DD got a sock monkey last year for christmas after seeing the film Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium which she loved, and as soon as she saw the ornament on the cover she asked if I'd stitch it as this year's ornament, so how could I refuse?Before the weekend and then last night I stitched on HAED QS Alisha (artwork by Hannah Disney) again. I've changed the way I'm stitching this slightly as I was finding it really frustrating, and it seems to be working so far so fingers crossed I can keep going with it.And finally the finish I promised last post! This is Just Nan's Winter Hearts Humbug. I stitched it using the called for fabric and threads and although I struggled to get into it to begin with I'm really pleased with how it turned out, and am looking forward to displaying it during the winter. I will be adding the chart to my for sale blog soon, but if you're interested just let me know.Tonight I have decided to pull out my Personalised Sampler which I haven't stitched on for a couple of months. It's lovely to stitch as there are no colour changes, but as I'm using a variagated silk floss I am having to tape bits of chart pages together so that I can keep the flow going in the design. I've got a few sections to do and then page 1 will be all finished and I can remove that page and move on. Hopefully I'll be back with an update on that soon!
Before I go I just wanted to thank everyone who commented on my last post very much, I really didn't think anyone would still be reading lol.

8 comments:

Brigitte said...

Great progress on your WIPs. And oh, what a pretty finish you had. The humbug looks so beautiful.

Sally said...

Wahooooo!!! So glad you've got your stitching bug back, Lisa, and so happy I could help:) You are so close on your ABCs. Keep at it and you'll have it finished well before we start our LHN Winter SAL!

Alisha is coming along beautifully. I love the colours.

Nice to see the humbug finished. It looks gorgeous.

jane said...

Lovely stitching Lisa - it's so good to see you back stitching again, I enjoy reading your blog.

Lesleyanne said...

Glad you are back stitching. Your progress is great. Love that humbug.

Stitchabilities said...

Love the ABC christmas, I have always wanted one of those personalised samplers I am so jealous...LOL

Hazel said...

Oh my goodness your wips are adorable! I love your haed. I have a Hannah Disney in my stash to do haha yeah right - one day. x

Anonymous said...

You're stitching mojo has definitely returned with a vengance Lisa, there;s no stopping you now! Beautiful stitching, and I love the humbug!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your humbug is very pretty!

Your two WIPs are looking good. I can't help but race to the finish line when a project is close to finishing!