Friday, September 30, 2011

A Happy Dance & More Progress

I was determined not to leave it so long before blogging again this time, so am back with a few more pics for you.
First up is my finish of LHN's Travelling Stitcher which I've been stitching as a SAL with Sally. I've really loved stitching this design and it was really special as we started our SAL in person when we met for our stitchy day back in August. With this in mine Sally and I agreed that we'd like to stitch both our initials on the design to remember it. The chart is now available on my For Sale page at the top of this page, along with the A New Day chart which I finished recently. Please go have a look and see if anything takes your fancy, and contact me if so.
Next up is Part 5 of Carol's IStitch Designs Mystery SAL. Looking forward to seeing what Part 6 looks like next weekend.The final pic today is of my HAED QS Alisha by Hannah Lynn Disney. I've been working on this one night a week now for a few weeks and am really enjoying doing one night on it, but don't think I'd want to do more as the confetti is hard going. I've decided for now to stick with this as my only HAED wip as it's the closest to being finished, although it's still a long way off. Once that is done then I intend to pick Cabin back up again and focus on that. But I reserve the right to completely change my mind at any point lol.I've spent this morning tidying my stash by putting away threads from various finished projects and then pulling threads for Lizzie Kate's 6 Fat Men which Sally and I are going to start soon as our next SAL. Unfortunately I haven't got a suitable fabric big enough, so am going to have to order some from Sew and So this afternoon I think, just hoping nothing else jumps in the cart at the same time!
I'm not sure what to stitch on this weekend. My Shepherd's Bush Merry Be Pincushion is calling as it's getting fairly close to a finish I think, so I might give that a bit of attention, but I'd also like to try to get a bit more progress in on my Personalised Sampler. The page I'm currently stitching seems never ending lol.
I hope everyone in the UK is enjoying this gorgeous weather we're having this week and making the most of it. Erin is away in Southport with my mum til tomorrow so David and I are taking the opportunity to go out for an early tea tonight. I've got some laundry to bring in but then I think I might stitch or read sat in the sun for a bit! Til next time, happy stitching...

5 comments:

Sally said...

I'm so pleased we both finished TS on the same night:) Thank you so much for stitching it with me. It has been really special and I can hardly wait for our next SAL:)

Love your mystery SAL. I really need to get moving with my part 5 hopefully this weekend if I can manage it.

Alisha is so pretty. You're making brilliant progress on it. {{{hugs}}}

Christine said...

Your Travelling Stitcher is beautiful, great progress on your WIPs too

Lesleyanne said...

Congrats on your finish - it is gorgeous. Great progress on your wips too.

Barb said...

Good to see another post from you Lisa and with a lovely finish too. Nice to see the wips ,you are certainly making progress with them.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lisa what a beautiful and special finish! Congratulations!!