Thursday, October 14, 2010

Weekly (Almost) Update

I don't seem to be able to think of exciting titles for my posts I'm afraid lol, so had to use something really obvious.
Have had a good stitching week again this week and pleased with the progress I've made on all my wips. I'm afraid it's going to be the same wips for you to look at for a while yet, so hope you don't get too bored. Hopefully the Sock Monkey ornament and then Spooky will be finished this year, but my Personalised Sampler and Alisha are here to stay I think lol.

I've been having thoughts of what I'd like to stitch in 2011 and although I have other wip's/ufo's that could do with some attention, at the moment I think I want to keep going with PS and Alisha while I'm enjoying them and then devote the rest of my time to ornaments and small to medium projects so I can have some finishes and maybe even finish a biggie next year. Saying that though, I'm also daydreaming of a new start for 1st Jan 2011. I would love to start another biggie, but almost all my wip's/ufo's are biggies, so I think it needs to be a small/medium which I have a hope of finishing one day lol, and if so then it needs to be one I've wanted to start for a while. Or maybe I could start something I've given a bit of thought to, a monthly ornament for 2011? Not just christmas ornaments, but more seasonal. What do you think?
I have carried on adding my stash to an inventory as well over the last week, and the more I add the more I think I could open my own shop lol. I REALLY shouldn't be buying anymore charts as I've enough for me and all of you to stitch for the rest of our lives without worry I think pmsl. But that still doesn't stop me wanting to order more. At the moment I've got the Kelmscott Tombstone Angel and Monogram Hornbook in my cart along with some fancy scissors and tweezers at Anita's Little Stitches, but I haven't pressed the place order button just yet. I've also seen the upcoming releases from CCN and Christmas Carols is absolutely gorgeous, one I really am going to have to get at some point. And then I saw some new Dinky Dyes scissors which are heart scissors and available in purple or hot pink, some of my favourite colours, and they both want to come home to live with me. See my problem? I keep thinking of placing a big order and then going on the wagon for a few years hehe, but I don't think it's going to happen so I'm just trying to be good one day at a time lol.
Til next time, happy stitching and stashing!

8 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely progress on your WIPs. Great minds think alike. I have been thinking about what I am going to stitch and buy next year lol.

Hazel said...

Lovely wips. I am making no rules for next year - not a one! I'm going to stitch what I like, when I like. xx

Sally said...

You are making brilliant progress Lisa. The threat of butt kicking must be working ;) lol!

I've been thinking about what to stitch next year and I want to do a biggie and some smaller bits and loads of other stuff!!! Lol! And as usual there's loads of stuff I want to buy!

Karan said...

Great progress on all your WIP's. You are being very restrained... not so sure I could be. LOL Won't be making any rules because of the big loss of mojo this year - will just go with the flow, stitching on whatever takes my fancy. :0)

Bev said...

i like the idea of the seasonal ornament something that you could change every month in your house, i would love to do that!

and big congrats on the latest WIP's i love the Hannah Lynn Disney one too!

linen and floss said...

Hi I just came across your blog and your work is lovely x

Siobhán said...

Nice WIPs!! Like Karan, I went through a loss of mojo this year, too, so I won't be making any rules other than trying to stitch more from my stash.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I love looking at the same WIPs its cool to see the progress!