Tuesday, February 5, 2008

She's Finally Finished!!!!


After 2 years and 1 month approx my HAED Tomboy QS is finally finished! I finished her this afternoon and as the last stitches were going in it didn't seem real, but when I took her off the qsnaps and looked at her all finished the excitement hit. I really can't believe she is actually done, there were times when I thought I'd never do it, and right now I don't ever want to do another black and white design or stitch with kreinik blending filament ever again lol. But I am absolutely ecstatic with her and can't wait to get her washed, ironed and to the framers to choose a mount and frame. She is going to be my first professionally framed piece because after all the work that's gone into her I think she deserves it. She was stitched 1 over 1 on pale blue 28ct jobelan using 21 colours of dmc plus a huge amount of kreinik lol.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG OMG OMG!!!!

She is stunning Lisa, massive pat on the back! If I wasn't in pain and it wasn't late I would be round at yours jigging with you LOL. Seriously she is just gorgeous and worth all the pain she has given you :) Andy says he likes it a lot while looking at her chest area LOL

well done again you little star! :)

Rebecca in TN said...

She' Gorgeous!! Congratulations on a wonderful finish!!

Jennifer said...

Wow - great finish! She definitely deserves a professional framing!

Sue said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a gorgeous job you did ;)

Claire said...

YYIIPPEEE !!!!

Well Done Lisa! Thats fantastic news - congratulations!

Nicola said...

Congratulations on your fantastic finish. You must be really looking forward to some colour now! (LOL)

Laura said...

Yay Lisa!!! Congratulations! She is just wonderful.

Sally said...

Congratulations on your finish Lisa! She is stunning!

Stitchingranny said...

CONGRATULATIONS.

She is stunning and I am sure you will be even more delighted when you see her framed.

Deanne J said...

Congrats Lisa she is amazing!!

Cindy said...

Congratulations on a wonderful finish!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow she's just amazing looks like a photo, not stitching!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic finish Lisa, you must be delighted...:)